Fall Leaf Collection Program
As the seasons change, so do your yardwork needs. You can now keep leaves out of the landfill by taking them to Douglas County’s new Fall Leaf Collection site, open Saturdays through Nov. 18 at 1400 Caprice Drive in Castle Rock.
Leaves, slash, and green yard waste like grass clippings will be accepted at the County’s slash-mulch site from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays through Oct. 28. Then, only leaves will be accepted from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 4, Nov. 11, and Nov. 18.
Here are a few tips for a smooth drop-off:
- Please separate leaves, slash, and green yard waste.
- Leaves can be transported in bags but the bags themselves cannot be accepted and must be dumped out on site.
- Garden waste, large brush, trash, twine, plastics, etc. should be removed from piles before drop-off.
- Yard waste and leaves are professionally composted. Slash is turned into free mulch for resident pickup. Thank you for utilizing this service to keep leaves and other yard waste out of landfills and the stormwater system.
- Leaves only. Contamination of branches, bags, or green waste may get compostable loads rejected and sent to landfills.
- Bags of any kind – including leaf bags. (It is okay to transport leaves in bags, but the bags will be dumped out on-site)
- Garden waste
- Large brush, branches or tree stumps
- Weed barriers
- Trash of any kind